VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back, the pump bushing on my 2005 Passat TDI failed. Since the dealer wanted more for the repair than i paid for the car, decided to tackle it myself. Downloaded the VW shop manual, read up on this forum on pulling the engine/transmission and went to work. I took special care to have the valve body covered with lint free rags while I completed the disassembly and repair. Followed the torque recommendations as well as the order of tightening when reattaching the valve body. Filled the transmission and torque converter with fluid. Cycled the shifter through all the gears to make sure the valve body had fluid circulating in it. Took it down off the cribbage blocks, cleared the codes, and tried to back up and take it for a test spin. It went forward. It is stuck it what appears to be 1st gear all the time. Even when in park. I hooked up VagCom and have no codes. The gear range sensor appears to be sending the correct outputs as they match the gear shifter. I tried to look at as much as I could of the different solenoids and such, but everything appears to be working properly. So I have a couple of questions: Is there feedback from the valve body or does VagCom just read the outputs from the TCM? If this is the case, if the TCM is outputting correctly, could it be an issue between the TCM and transmission? Do I need to pull the TCM and check the continuity of the wiring? Looking for any help I can get. If it comes out again, going to do a manual swap and get away from the problematic transmission. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
9,739 Posts
I hooked up VagCom and have no codes
Your talking about an auto gearbox not manual. VAG-COM\VCDS can check systems out before you dismantle them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts