VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently bought a 2005 Golf and have lost the spare keys... I'm trying to determine if a immobilizer delete has already been done to the ECU.
The key it came with is missing the VW emblem which may mean that it was a non dealership key. I realize I could have a key made without matching the SKU and see if it works.

Is there a way to determine this using a VCDS?

Thanks a bunch

·
Super Moderator
9,334 Posts
You can have a key made but you need the Secret Key Code (SKC) not SKU. VCDS won't find the SKC only VAG-Tacho will. VCDS will once you have the SKC.

The immobilizer can only be deleted if you contact a chip tuner.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can have a key made but you need the Secret Key Code (SKC) not SKU. VCDS won't find the SKC only VAG-Tacho will. VCDS will once you have the SKC.

The immobilizer can only be deleted if you contact a chip tuner.
I understand the SKC and how the VCDS cannot retrieve the SKC. I was wondering if the VCDS can confirm if the immobilizer is active or has been removed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
need help!!!
2005 VW Jetta 2.5L
replaced the steering locked and now the immobilizer is activated as per the instrument cluster...
have both original keys, and valet key... Do not work... car starts and turn off immediately...
Appreciate the help

·
Registered
4 Posts
need help!!!
2005 VW Jetta 2.5L
replaced the steering locked and now the immobilizer is activated as per the instrument cluster...
have both original keys, and valet key... Do not work... car starts and turn off immediately...
Appreciate the help

·
Super Moderator
9,334 Posts
Melita Milla

First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

Any problems search TDI Wiki as that covers write ups and forum posts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts