VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Been lurking here a while and been keeping my eye out for a used TDI. Found one today at a local dealer, a 2004 Jetta GLS TDI, leather, heated seats, moon roof. It's in really excellent condition and has 66,000 miles. Very clean, drives great. I negotiated a deal at $13,200 to include a 2 yr, 100K engine and drivetrain warranty, basically making it a certified car.

KBB seems to be $14605 retail for this car. I have until tomorrow to decide.

Seems like an ok deal, although a lot of money for a 7 yr old car. Thouhgts?

thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2,243 Posts
I agree with your last thought: "a lot of money for a 7 yr old car"

Please read up on the issues of that model year... (camshaft wear, glow plug durability, "lift pump" reliability)...

I'd look around a bit... possibly stretch your search area a bit...

Good luck,

Yuri

PS: does that 100,000 mile guarantee mean an additional 100,000 miles or only up to 100,000 miles total? Also, it will probably also mean that you'll need to get most of your servicing done at a dealership (although there's a superb TDI-tech in Golden)... timing belt/water pump/idlers due for replacement some time soon, as well...

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
That is too much, IMHO. It is loaded and has unusually low miles but I would think a fair range would be in the $10-12,000 range US dollars. Local market factors also raise or lower prices, I don't know how much availability you have in CO.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts