VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello.... I am having a hot start problem with my BEW.... my torsion value is dead on a 0*... I moved the cam timing to see it the value would change and it did so I moved back to 0* since the car otherwise runs well with 44.9 mpg..... I noticed that if I disconnect the CTS it starts perfectly every time.... would my BEW be a candidate for adding a hot start switch???? if so where can I find a diagram......Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hello.... I am having a hot start problem with my BEW.... my torsion value is dead on a 0*... I moved the cam timing to see it the value would change and it did so I moved back to 0* since the car otherwise runs well with 44.9 mpg..... I noticed that if I disconnect the CTS it starts perfectly every time.... would my BEW be a candidate for adding a hot start switch???? if so where can I find a diagram......Thanks in advance...
I replaced the temp sensor this morning and there is no difference ..... I did notice wen the engine is hot it seems to crank slow.... I disconnected the injection harness and cranked the engine hot....I got 157 rpms on my vag com...... cold the rpms are 168 rpms .....I tested my batt it tested good ....I read somewhere the cranking rpms needs to be @ 250 rpms....may be I have a started problem is my cranking rpms too slow??

·
Registered
3 Posts
The starter motor should crank about 250 rpm.. weak starter motors can crank slower when engine and the starter motor body is hot.

·
Super Moderator
9,464 Posts
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

This is a new forum layout with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location or signature properly either

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a poll which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum

The OP has posted in the wrong section this new forum doesn't allow me to move this thread.

·
Registered
3 Posts
@Keithuk
Dear moderator, you don't have to be so angry, I don't even know that I have my first message because I've followed many forums. I've already skipped this part because I've been a forum member for 2 years. Thank you for your understanding!

·
Super Moderator
9,464 Posts
You my have been a forum member for many years. Its this forum that got me dismissed from a College I used to work at for 32 years. That's another long story.

I look after 3 VW forums including this one. So I post the First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!! on all of them.

The biggest complaint on forums is someone asks about a problem. Many members post solutions the OP can't be bothered to say if those worked, they never come back again.

Forums are for discussing problems. So why bother posting if they don't discuss?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts