VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you haven't guessed I am a new member, I noticed this forum when I was goggling a fault with my 2003 VW. I read some threads and thought this would be an excellent site to join.

I have a 2003 VW TDI which I purchased new. I have done all my own maintenance and worked through snags using VCDS software and admit it is invaluable, everyone should have it.
Recently I started having an issue appear on the highway, limp mode! I have found that the VNT actuator was seized. I replaced the VNT actuator and got a great deal or my power back. Unfortunately after about 500 – 600Km I got limp mode and then shortly thereafter got a CHK ENGINE light:dunno. Using VCDS I found an over boost code, same code I got before I changed the VNT actuator. I have since replaced all vacuum lines, swapped the N75 Waste Gate solenoid with the EGR solenoid and have had no luck:ugh. Using VCDS I noticed that the MAP sensor compared to Specified MAP was low when idling and was almost 200 high when at high RPM, no load.
Question: As the VNT was seized I am assuming I may have a buildup of soot in the turbo charger, will I have to remove the turbo to clean or will it be possible to burn it out on the highway? Note that limp mode is very intermitant and I can sometimes travel 200-300Km before any issue arises.

To note; A decoke was carried out about 75000Km ago. Timing belt at the same time, EGR valve at the same time.

Oh by the way, I love my VW TDI and will buy another real soon. Just needs routine maintenance like everything else.

Diesel for All

·
Registered
74 Posts
Start with the most obvious or free checks. Try burning any buildup out first. Not just by driving on the highway but also accelearting HARD all the way up to almost redline. Once the engine is warmed up of course.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts