VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the forum and am looking for a little advice. I'm looking at buying a 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon that only has 85,000 miles on it. It seems to be in good shape and it's for $12,000. Any thoughts? How do owners of their 2003s like them? I've been reading some forums and finding some people have had lots of problems but others love the car.

I'd really like to get the 2011 Golf TDI but at this time my student loans are too much for me to be able to get one, so a used will fit my current needs and situation better. Thank you in advanced for any help/advice/jeers you can give me.

Mike

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
The price is a little high considering you can spend a few thousands more on a 2009 JSW that is much better. Long term reliability of the 2009+ are still up in the air because it hasn't been a bulletproof design.

The 2003 was the last year of the simple bulletproof engines. They aren't as fast, aren't as clean, aren't as large, safe, or luxurious, but get much better mpg. The bodies have some problems like door switches and power windows but if you're willing to put up with that, the 2000-2003 were the peak of mpg. Different strokes around the world! Check out the mk4 new buying guide for what to look for.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts