VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 jetta tdi that will not currently start. The problem started about a month ago, I drove to the store, engine ran fine. I came out and the car would fire for a split second then would only crank, each time. It took about five minutes and then started and ran fine, it did this about four times over a months time. I scanned it, there are no fault codes. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Maybe a fuel issue, if the glow plug light isn't coming on then I would check the 109 relay otherwise I would look at the fuel side, maybe next time it might be worth cracking the fuel lines on the tops of the injectors to make sure fuel is reaching them.:)

welcometomyturbodies

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It ends up being the anti-shudder valve was stuck closed. I popped it open and it fired right up. Now to figure out why it is sticking.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Easy to check, you just need to sneak the wife's hand mirror out of the house, at least some of us has to. Pop hose off the end of the EGR and take a look with a flashlight. When I looked at mine with 126K miles just to see if it needed an intake cleaning, I noticed the shutter valve was hung half way closed with massive carbon build up. I went ahead pulled the EGR & intake and cleaned per the instuctions on this sight and what a difference in performance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts