VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I recently bought a 2003 Jetta Diesel 5-speed. Ever since I bought it there has been a check engine light. I finally got around to putting it on my machine and the code that pops up is P0299 and that says it has a turbo underboost. The problem i'm experiencing is loss of power. After 3k RPM, i feel that there is no boost. Other times at 3K RPM there is a lot of boost and I can feel it. What can I inspect for possible trouble areas? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
I have had limp mode due to overboost and a popped hose. There are many possible causes so I don't want to speculate without further info and that would require you to test the car or take it to a mechanic and have them do the tests.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So far, I have changed the wastegate/solenoid valve on the firewall. I inspected the hose that connects to the EGR and that looks new. I removed the cabin filter and drove the car without one. Still no difference. I'm going to inspect the vacuum lines to make sure there is no corrosion or tears.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts