VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 02 vw gti 1.8t was running like a champ till one night the immobilizer light popped on than it would start & immediately die! I have no clue! Can anyone shed some light on my current situation?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Right now I’m having the same problem with my Jetta tdi mk5 iv tied everything so I’m having to get a Ross tech tool To do a adaptation for my key

·
Registered
3 Posts
You can relearn your key IF you have 2 keys
Check battery in fob, replace if under voltage.
Clean contacts.
Google relearn VW key.
Same module in Audi

·
Registered
8 Posts
my 02 vw gti 1.8t was running like a champ till one night the immobilizer light popped on than it would start & immediately die! I have no clue! Can anyone shed some light on my current situation?
I hate to say this, but my 02 TDi has the same thing happen after the alternator blew. I drove it for 10min straight to the mechanic. After 2 months of new fob reprogramming the ECU, ignition switch, battery, etc. It turned out to be the instrument cluster. Big job and $2000 it was finally fixed.

·
Registered
2002 Golf
1 Posts
I hate to say this, but my 02 TDi has the same thing happen after the alternator blew. I drove it for 10min straight to the mechanic. After 2 months of new fob reprogramming the ECU, ignition switch, battery, etc. It turned out to be the instrument cluster. Big job and $2000 it was finally fixed.
Makes sense.
The security module is located next to the ignition.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
i have a vw golf 2002 i gor a ecu and dash from another car and i just got a new key what do i need to do to make it all work in my car

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
When one of my MK4 TDI's started immobilizing, I had it defeated by a Malone Tune retailer. I still get the light coming on when it would be immobilizing (usually in the winter) but it starts.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
yeah i got one computer deleted and didnt realize it was for a autonot manuel and check engine light is cant sell it like that

1 - 10 of 10 Posts