VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AC was blowing under 40F and I turned the car off. Restarted it and no AC. Idle fluctuates with AC on, so ECU is reacting to compressor not running. Fans do not run on low speed with AC button on. I tested the resistance of the compressor coil and it is out of spec, so it needs replacement. Car has 110 static PSI on the low side, so that should be enough for the compressor to run. The question is, would the coil being bad and preventing the compressor from running also prevent the fans from running with the AC on? If not, I have two problems and will have to troubleshoot the fans and FCM. Will try swapping the coil first. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
9,464 Posts
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

This is a new forum layout which is owned by a company last year that doesn't give a dam with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes which they refuse to install. It doesn't show the car spec/location.

Add your car specs to your signature that will show on every post you make.

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a poll which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not new, I've posted here before. I did a search, the question I asked "would a bad coil lock out the fans from running when the AC button is on" has not been discussed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
AC was blowing under 40F and I turned the car off. Restarted it and no AC. Idle fluctuates with AC on, so ECU is reacting to compressor not running. Fans do not run on low speed with AC button on. I tested the resistance of the compressor coil and it is out of spec, so it needs replacement. Car has 110 static PSI on the low side, so that should be enough for the compressor to run. The question is, would the coil being bad and preventing the compressor from running also prevent the fans from running with the AC on? If not, I have two problems and will have to troubleshoot the fans and FCM. Will try swapping the coil first. Thanks.
I had similar issues and turn out it was from fuse box on top of the battery. I had to replace it because was melted

·
Super Moderator
9,464 Posts
I had similar issues and turn out it was from fuse box on top of the battery. I had to replace it because was melted
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

This is a new forum layout which is owned by a company last year that doesn't give a dam with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes which they refuse to install. It doesn't show the car spec/location.

Add your car specs to your signature that will show on every post you make.

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a poll which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts