VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure why this happened, but my 02 jetta left me stranded due to this error, I could crank the engine, but it would not turn over, every light on the dash was going on. and a strange clicking from a (relay) inside the engine bay? I am not sure what to do.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
It's not the immobilizer. The immobilizer lets you start the engine fine and crank the engine fine, it just shuts the engine off after 1 second of running.

This sounds like a fuel or air problem. Since you didn't say if this was a TDI, the electric fuel pump could have died or a relay died.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's not a TDI, but I figured you guys go through the car daily, I was stumped by this electronic breakdown, never seen it act up like this. hopefully the garage can shed some light, but since you mentioned how the immobilizer works I guess that would be ruled out since it wouldn't even turn over.

thanks

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
It might be an alarm problem, can you say what warning lights are on or if there are any error codes? Getting the codes is a good first step since you don't have to chase problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts