VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to this forum and require some information on how to temporarilly bypass my immobilizer to see if the engine is ok or not...can someone please help me.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Does the engine start at all?

Does the engine crank over at all?

Are there any error codes?

Is the yellow car symbol on the dashboard flashing?

Take a look at the immobilizer FAQ. You need the SKC to do what you're asking.

·
Registered
12 Posts
ChittyChittybangbang, I have a 2002 VW Beetle TDI. I have tried multiple things people have suggested for my immobilizer to reset, but the car still just starts and dies after 1 second. I finally found a locksmith who would come out and scan the car for me.
Key Faulty
Immobilizer Sensor D2
ECU disconnected 01314 177

I have taken the dash apart and checked the ECU, it is not disconnected. I disconnected, then reconnected, but still to no avail.

·
Premium Member
9,661 Posts
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Don't think that making an intro will fix this comment as you've already ask the question.

Forum Rules and Guidelines

ChittyChittybangbang, I have a 2002 VW Beetle TDI. I have tried multiple things people have suggested for my immobilizer to reset, but the car still just starts and dies after 1 second. I finally found a locksmith who would come out and scan the car for me.
Key Faulty
Immobilizer Sensor D2
ECU disconnected 01314 177

I have taken the dash apart and checked the ECU, it is not disconnected. I disconnected, then reconnected, but still to no avail.
Where is the error code that was found when it was scanned?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts