VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new bettle is in the parking lot of the local Little Caesar's pizza establishment. It will run for one second at at time and I suspect the immobilizer feature has been activated. I would certainly like to know what the override feature is so I can drive it to the dealer to be overcharged to reset it.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
You would have to know the SKC number, see the FAQ on how to get it. It'll take a while though, you can't just punch in some keys and see it. If you see the key/car symbol it's the immobilizer. If not it's not the immo.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now I understand the override feature is beyond my capabilities, can someone recommend a shop in the Chattanooga area that will perform a "chip tune" to delete the immobilizer function? I have 200k miles on the car and I previously had an immobilizer problem around 100k that cost $$$ to repair. The shop originally told me I had the corrosion issue on the instrument cluster and they cleaned the terminals and that repair only lasted about 2000 miles and they had to replace the the cluster.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts