VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 145k miles the drivers seat is pretty sunken in comparison with the passenger seat. As a result I am finding that the front edge of the seat is locally digging into my thighs 2/3rds the way to my knees which, over long journeys, is not a pleasant experience.

Is this a common problem and are there any remedial actions, other than using an additional cushion on the seat? Is it feasible to enter the seat to supplement the foam therein or to replace the entire seat squab?

Thanks for your assistance.

·
Registered
66 Posts
How about just adding a padded seat cushion that sits on top of the seat? Something that would add massasging would be nice. Do you have heated seats? A seat cushion would insulate it and prevent it from working correctly.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks again for your advice which, once again, proves that I should have better searched this great site before asking!

One question though: you say that new cushions are available. Are they a recognised VAG part available through their network of dealers, or are they available through non-OEM routes?

Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
I don't know which type of seat you have so here are all the VAG part numbers:

3b0881375

Add the suffix h for regular seat.
add L for taxi
J for comfort seats (I don't know what that means) with VIN range >3b-2-250 000
R for comfort seats with VIN range 3b-2-250 001>
no suffix for comfort seats
K, S, T, or P for sport seats

That is just the cushion from OEM parts dealers.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Is it sunken in at the rear? If so, you could just stuff some foam underneath there. It will get compressed anyways since it sounds like that's how you sit in the seat. Or try tilting the seat so it's not so angled.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts