VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RPM changes about 200-400 RPM while cruising between 40 and 65 MPH. Changed the valve body with a rebuitl one but did not help. There are no codes. Both the transmission shop and VW shop (Not a Dealer) can't figure it out. Any ideas out there. Car has about 133,000 miles. Fluid and filter changed.
The computer does show the TC slipping (locking and unlocking) but the trans shop does not beleive it is the TC, but someting telling it to do that.
Thanks in advance for any ideas.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2001 Jetta surging

Thanks for the reply. We did put anothwer mass air sensor on to to see what would happen and it did not correct the problem. I'm going to go over as much as I can on the engine and see if I can figure this out. The car runs great, no problem with power,no smoking on acceleration, great mileage (38 in town) shifts great. Unless the the new valve body I installed is bad, I really think there is something with the engine ginving bad info to the computer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.