VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I'm new here and I hope this is where I find the answer to my problem. Ive got a 2001 Jetta TDI that's in limp mode. Originally I'm pretty sure it was because of the vanes being clogged on the turbo. I replaced it with a rebuilt vnt15 from Dutch Auto parts actuator moves as it should. Tried replacing the Maf sensor with a cheap one(I know I know...) Also tried replacing the n75 with s cheap one. I don't have a vag com but I do have obdeleven so I can get some readings.

Both n75 (the OEM and the aftermarket one) read 25% at idle (specs show it should read 45% at idle) when I accelerate it goes to a out 65-70% but then goes back down to 25 while still accelerating.

The MAF sensors bother the cheap and OEM one the read different than each other. OEM one reads 495 at idle cheap one reads 375 at idle. Same deal though. When I accelerate it goes up bout 600 or so but drops back down

The n18 valve is weird to me. I removed my egr so idk if that changes anything but When riding it's at 85% which is 11% over max spec. Then it jumps around from 5% 60% 76%

Injection quantity is strange also. Starts as low as .80 and goes as high as 20.80.

So what do you all think? I'm at a loss now. I can find more specs and numbers if you need. I just need the code.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should also add the the car ran GREAT for the first month or so awesome power and sound from the turbo. The previous owner remove the vacuum reservoir and the anti shudder valve is just laying around ( not needed because of the egr delete I suppos)e

·
Super Moderator
8,975 Posts
I should also add the the car ran GREAT for the first month or so awesome power and sound from the turbo. The previous owner remove the vacuum reservoir and the anti shudder valve is just laying around ( not needed because of the egr delete I suppos)e
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

This is a new forum layout with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location or signature properly either

We Are Live - Community Feedback

You have made 2 posts with the same question.

TDI Wiki isn't available at the moment.

Limp mode: What is it, what are the causes, and how to fix it for the Audi and VW TDI diesel turbo

·
Registered
18 Posts
It sounds like you could have a vacuum leak somewhere. Inspect all all your lines carefully. If they’re old I’d consider just replacing them regardless, it’s only about $20 for a full set. Also look carefully at the hard vacuum line that goes to the brake booster, very common to leak there

I had intermittent limp mode issues due to this line being dry rotted and leaking every now and then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks for the help all. There was definitely a couple of vacuum leaks and I got them all squared away. Now everything seems fine but whenever I accelerate right about 2800-3000 rpms it feels like the turbo is jumping/surging. Just engaging on and off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts