VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2000 VW Golf will start then shut down after a second. A new cluster has been installed, the keys re-programmed, a new fuel pump was installed. The car still will shut down. Is there a way to disable the immobilizer?

·
Registered
37 Posts
does it die every time? Have you tried another key? Did you erase all keys before recoding? Does it show codes for key recognition issues in the cluster memory? Does the fuel pump die every time? Y
The immo does a rolling disable routine, it doesn't kill the pump everytime.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it starts and then shuts down after a second. All the keys have been programmed to the new cluster. Now the technician is saying I need a new ECU unit because it now blocks him out everytime he tries to go into it. He thinks maybe the garage didn't have the battery charged up enough when they installed the cluster. FRUSTRATED!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Do you have and aftermarket radio blocking things? I would do a battery cable disconect and touch together reset of everthing first and then try to scan the ecu. I have seen other components on the CAN block things up too.

Do a complete scan and look for codes, or missing control units. If you unplug control units one by one and try to rescan you may find a bad one. I would start with the ABS controller first.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Is the key symbol in the cluster blinking when the car dies? Does it come on as a self test when you turn on the key before starting the car?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The technician has stopped the key signal on the cluster from blinking and tried the cold boot to clear everything, but no success. He's tried and tested everything. From the paperwork we got from the dealership, it looks like they tried to program the cluster as an IMMO 3.....but we're pretty sure we have an IMMO 2. Could that screw things up? I really appreciate your replies!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ended up purchasing a used ECU (couldn't get a new one...dealerships said VW is out). The tech is installing it today, so crossing my fingers!!
MUCH THANKS!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts