VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my jetta has what appears to be a typical immobilizer issue, security light flashes start/stall. I just recently had another key programmed and now both keys are in/op. Im not pointing fingers as this problem was intermittant already. After surfing ad nauseum, I am finding this to be a recurring theme with no definite cure. This site seems to be a notch above most, so im hoping someone can guide me as to the could be/ might be probables of what to check. I am a chrysler mechanic with expirience in skim immobilizers, but i know enough to know i dont know these. With hat in hand, thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
The obvious thing to do is to know what code you're getting. That will tell you what part of the system is causing the immobilizer.

You have immobilizer 2 so you can reprogram used keys. The most obvious thing is that there's a bad key program. Who did it? Try leaving the good key and the car on for a half hour, it may reset. The intermittent problem could be the instrument cluster, pickup, wiring, ground, ecu, or key. You have to narrow it down.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2002 Passat Immobilizer Activated

We have a few VW keys and I inadvertently grabbed the wrong one and tried to start the car. After a few failed attempts (thinking the battery was dead) I realized I had the wrong key. I got the correct key and upon trying to start the car receive the "immobilization activated" error message on the dash. Does anyone know how to fix this?:eek

·
Registered
142 Posts
We have a few VW keys and I inadvertently grabbed the wrong one and tried to start the car. After a few failed attempts (thinking the battery was dead) I realized I had the wrong key. I got the correct key and upon trying to start the car receive the "immobilization activated" error message on the dash. Does anyone know how to fix this?:eek
Try leaving it on for a half hour or until it resets. The correct key should clear the engine shutoff. If you grabbed the wrong key, wouldn't it not turn, letting you know on the first attempt that it wasn't the right key?

·
Premium Member
9,661 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts