VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Battery was drained, had to hook it up to a charger. Now the car won't stay running. The immo2 has kicked in. So I tried reading if it was throwing any codes. Hooked up my Auterra scanner and got no connection to OBDII port. No aftermarket radio is hooked up.
Tested scanner on different car, connects no problem.
Tested K-Line Pin 7. Reads 11.6 volts with no key and with key ON. Blips to ground a few times, while OBDII scanner is plugged in and trying to connect. Pin 16 is getting constant 12v.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
don't know why the obd2 won't connect. As for the immobilizer, have you tried leaving the car on with the ignition switch to "ON" for a half hour? This often resets it when it's cause by a battery disconnect.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've left the key in the ON position, for over an hour and the check engine light is still on.
At this point I am assuming that the check engine light and the immo2 light are one in the same.
Because I have no other icons that could be interpreted as such.
I am not sure if the immo2 has anything to do with the port not working either. Doesn't really make any sense but who knows.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
It shouldn't affect the obd2 port. The immo has a dedicated light with a car and key and the immobilizer is built into the instrument cluster so unless the LED was bad it should be there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So when you put the key in the ON position, do all of you dash icons light up, including immo?
Because when I do that I get the temp,oil pressure,seatbelt,check engine,battery,ebrake,trunk. and even the ABS next to the headlight switch. THen after a few seconds they all turn off except the oil pressure, battery, check engine.

·
Premium Member
9,665 Posts
Yes thats normal when you turn the ignition on dman007. ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any other suggestions to why I cannot connect to the OBD2 port??
I've already pulled down the fuse panel and checked all the fuses.

·
Registered
16 Posts
dude i have the same problem.my friend brought his car over for vagconm test. no obd2 respond no conection. i removed the battery for like 3 min cuz i vas getting connection error codes from vcds. now var wont star imo lights up after 1 sec.coolll. let me know if you got to fix it

·
Registered
16 Posts
hy. ill try that tomorrow morning.hope ill work.this guy cant go thrue his emission test becouse of the obd error and ofcourse cuz thats a longer ride than 1 second ( immo turns it of). anyway removing tha battery it shouldnt efect the immo.

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Certainly had no effect on my 2000 tdi. I had the battery off middle of last year while farting about and putting new one on without any immo issues.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts