VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I'm in a lot of research, of what oil to use, how to fill things up, etc. But I'm lacking info on some things. I'm planning to change all oil, because who knows how long it wasn't changed. including Haldex diff, rear and front, and center diff is there's one (don't know, if Haldex diff and center diff is the same thing). What oil should I choose? Should I change my transmission oil (manual)? Please help, I'm in desperate need of help

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Usually these fluids are not required to be changed until 100k miles or so, but never hurts, especially if you have never done it or car is new to you. The differential fluid, transfer case, and transmission fluid (esp if a manual) are pretty easy - just find the fill plug and loosen first and then the drain plug. Simply drain then refill up until the fluid comes out the fill plug. There should be a front and rear differential (VW calls this the "final drive") which uses a gear oil. At least on my Touareg the transfer case (VW calls this the "transfer box" uses ATF fluid just like the automatic trans - VW has specific part numbers for these (gear oil VW G052145S2, ATF VW G052162A2). Each of the of the differentials and transfer case should use about a quart of fluid each. I don't have a service manual for your car, but should give you qty for the transmission as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts