VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My real mess here is:
Got the 2 of my remote keys damaged and recently I've been using my car key to unlock the doors.Now I've got both of the door lock modules damaged the key rolls in on both sides and makes a cracking sound.The passenger door is even worse it wont open inside/outside it's stucked locked.I think Im gonna damage the lock cylinder with a drill knowing that the door panel can not be removed with the door closed,Does anybody know what is causing this and if there is any video or article about the door lock module removal?

And second:
The engine accelerates itself sometimes and stays at this condition about a minute,Rpm goes from 900 to 1100 and i hear that the engine is not working good,It happens even when the temp is at 90CD and sometimes when i start the engine it would take acceleration and making a big black smoke from the exhaust.Someone told me that is caused from the fuel temperature sensor inside the fuel pump,I want to know more if its the sensor causing the problem and is it serviceable and do i take any risk by opening the fuelpump?

Sorry for my poor english

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
RE: Door lock module removal : See here: http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/multi/Door-Module-Removal-Jetta-Passat-Golf.htm

The fuel temp sensor should throw a code if it's out of bounds. If the engine is doing that it's possible the pump is sticking, or you're ingesting oil. Take off the intake hose at the intercooler, if lots of oil comes out the turbo is leaking oil and you should replace it immediately. A little oil is normal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cant throw a code unless I dont see any in the dash.Its a european version maybe the check engine light was added later or maybe you are talking about the Service that is in the km screen when I start the engine,Im gonna check it again,

Didnt mention above but the other problem relateted to this is a heavy start sometimes and i can hear a little blowing coming from the engine

Timing never overpasses 1100rpm when badworking,

Did a full oil/filters change not more than a year ago and nothing changed Oil level has not changed at all,

Been facing this problem for more than 2 years it has not gone any more bad since I saw this problem

I would still insist to that fuel temp sensor but I'll check on what you advised,

Thanks

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
RE: codes, you can have lots of error codes without having the check engine light on. You have to have an obd2 scanner to see the codes and you have to have VCDS to see all the possible codes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts