VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen this question a few times so I overlaid 2 pictures to show the comparison. The angle of the picture wasn't exactly the same so not every tiny little detail lines up but it shows the position of the doors.

As you can see, the 2 door just has a longer front door. The 4 door is exactly the same overall length, it just has 4 shorter doors. The white lines are to highlight the 4 doors and the yellow line highlights the 2 door lines. If you can't see them, the overlay is also shown without the dotted lines.
This has also been added to the 2010 Volkswagen Golf TDI FAQ:
http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q_how_to/a5/2010golfTDI_buyerschecklist.htm

·
Registered
21 Posts
IMHO - I see a 2 door and I see a fun sporty car, with a 4 door I see a family car driven by a practical person, usually a woman.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I was going to say I often see young men driving the 2 door , the 4 door is a mix of middle aged men and young women. Probably because you see more men driving GTIs. And I also see some weird effects from the overlay, I can see ghosts in the windows. It also looks like the wheels are higher in one.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I am interested in a 4 door, it's just a little more practical. I do agree that the 2 door give a more open feeling though. It's the window position.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts