VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy moly....1 million for a car before it becomes a classic. I'm sure the corvette nuts all will go caca over the car but few can afford it. But 1 million!!!

The right to buy the 1st dodge challanger sold for 400k and the car isn't even in production yet!

Here is what the cars look like for those who don't know what a 400,000 deposit looks like!

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/20/barrett-jackson-2008-2009-corvette-zr1-1-goes-for-a-cool-milli/

a story on the 1 million dollar corvette

D

·
0 Posts
What about sales tax? Don't forget some Coke to wash all those sandwiches down!

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At least it went to charity. I'm not a math genius but if you can afford to give $900k to charity I don't think it will lower your taxes much.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
The challenger's MSRP is aobut $38,000. Even though there's demand now, they will probaby go for MSRP 1 year after being on the market. That's the way the 350Z and S2000 and M3 were like. Now you can get all those cars below MSRP now.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I actually think the challenger looks better than the corvette.

The corvette has a lot of extra doo dads and is too blinged out. The see through hood is a real ricey look too. All that power going through the rear wheels can't be good.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
The next generation corvette has always gotten better and better, I wouldn't be surprised if the next gen corvette had 500 HP, the current base model already went from 400 HP to 430 HP.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts