VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...fixed #3 injector...replaced timing belt and all associated belts tensioner's etc. Heater coil started leaking, just replaced it this evening (big thanks to all VW forums for the help). Now for the newest item...sometimes when I start my TDI there is a screech that could liken to a starter hanging up...or an A/C clutch. I don't think its the starter as it doesn't do it every start...I notice it more if the car sits for a while...a few hours. Any help would be appreciated :ugh

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
My starter does that once in a while and I would've thought that the longer the car sat the more likely it would be to happen. Anytime I've seen a problem ac pulley they've been more of a low down rumble sort of noise and they have play on them too. I could be wrong but the starter would be my guess.:)

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Screeching noises could be loose belt, AC clutch, alternator pulley clutch, tensioner, something sitting on the belt, power steering pump? Or as you mentioned, starter hanging up. Try removing the starter and cleaning the gear and base.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts