VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am having a problem with my doorlock, actually the front drivers door. it wont stay lock, almost like theres a vacuum leak. are there any tricks for finding vacuum leaks? what is that white box in the door that actuates the lock plunger? can you test it for leaks?

thanks justin

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
The system uses vacuum to unlock and lock the plunger but that's it. It doesn't use vacuum to keep it locked or unlocked.

Are you saying the door unlocks itself after you lock it?

If your door is not apart I can take some pics tomorrow that may help you. Just let me know exactly what you want to see.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the problem im having is the drivers door LOCKS, but then it pops back up, you cannot push it back down to lock it either, i pulled the pannel off and the vacuum works fine, i traced the line and found nothing, i see there is a T fitting between the drivers door and the passengers door so i figure its all or nothing, both doors work or not, but the rear drivers works fine. so, thats why i think its the little white box that the vac line connects to, to operate the plunger, pulling on the linkage to lock the door. maybe the linkage is bent or that box is bad. anywhere else i should look? oh ang the drivers door is th eonly door that DOESNT lock,

thanks, justin

·
Registered
74 Posts
I agree, it's sounds like the module or linkage is bad. Maybe someone pressed on it too hard or the plunger is jammed?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts