VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a few questions:

1. just recently my trunk release linkage shit the bed. its a rod about 16 inches long that connects from the key hole down to the release lever, its bent at a bad angle and i think some water got in through the years and made it weak, thenit gave it. i tig'd it back together and made a few more bends beefier. my problem is the electronic button located in the center console works, but does not unlock the latch. i had to crawl into the truck via the back seats and pull the trunk liner out and manually remove the latch. i dont think the button is shot, or the fuse is bad, but what i am thinking, after i took the latch off is the electric solenoid in the release latch in the trunk lid is shot. any other suggestions?

2. does anyone have service or repair manuals for a 1.9 tdi? any parts like mag wheels, interior pieces like the flimsy cup holder?

thanks, justin.

·
Registered
46 Posts
How do you know if the button works if it doesn't unlock the hatch? Do you hear a clicking in the trunk but it doesn't release anything?

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i push the button and i hear a CLICK the something like tickticktick, 3 ticks after it every time like maybe the solenoid is doing something, not releasing it and receeding? im not really sure

1 - 4 of 4 Posts