VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
23,904 Posts
I also get nothing for that address.

I don't know much about the IDI but a family member used to have one until the body rotted away.

I can't believe it has only 124,000 miles! I do know they use a timing belt. A common problem on the older engines was a walking crankshaft sprocket - the keyway wears until the crankshaft sprocket spins and causes the timing belt to slip resulting in piston-valve contact. From what I know, they have to remove and machine the crank to use a TDI crankshaft sprocket. http://www.vwdiesel.net/forum/ is a good site specific for older VW diesels where they may able to fill you in. I am not 100% sure if that specific problem applies to that year/engine but I think it does.

· Premium Member
23,904 Posts
Injection pumps can knock if they are bad.

Looking at some of the pictures of timing belt rollers I see "INA "which is an OEM manufacturer of timing belt parts. I can't see the marking on the timing belt but it looks like it could be a "continental". They are also an OEM supplier.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.