VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saga of my 2014 JSW SEL TDI parking brake warning light and 5 minute LOUD warning chime (that resets every time I come to a complete stop, so no, I can't live with it) continues... Ok, after hours of analysis, ripping out the center console and front seat, VW of Palm Springs (great people and service, btw). Has ascertained that....
The problem is not the hand brake sensor, not the brake fluid sensor or the wiring... My instrument cluster must have a short or the board must be bad. Problem is, doesn't appear you can just disconnect the parking brake wire to the cluster because it's already getting the correct signal and still malfunctioning!
So, does anyone have a solution short of buying a new instrument cluster and re-coding it? (dealer did give a very kind quote of $725 for parts & labor, but I don't want to spend that on a car w/143k miles on it, if I can avoid it). I'm stuck! Thanks...

·
Super Moderator
9,230 Posts
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

Any problems search TDI Wiki as that covers write ups and forum posts.

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts