VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013 VW Golf TDI
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time owning a VW and it's awesome! I grew up a "Ford guy" and got used to finding parts and knowing how to navigate sites to find deals. Well... I had to get something checked out at the dealer this week (CV Joint leaking) on my
'13 Golf TDI and I get a report back saying I need a Belly Pan and a Chin Spoiler.

I took off the Belly Pan at the house but it does need replacing (been dragging).

My problem is I can't find part numbers or know where to look. I've tried searching for part numbers and other people on here posting, but I'm struggling to find the right parts.

Any recommendations or pointers for a noob? I know I need them both AND I need to figure how which bolts and how many.

·
Premium Member
9,720 Posts
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

This is a new forum layout which is owned by a company last year that doesn't give a dam with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes which they refuse to install. It doesn't show the car spec/location.

Add your car specs to your signature that will show on every post you make.

Car spec now shows not for all members.

Release Notes

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a poll which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

'13 Golf - Belly Pan and Chin Spoiler?

That is American terminology.

The belly pan cover is plastic on my Golf.

Volkswagen Parts catalog - ETKA Online, Volkswagen EUROPA, original Catalog Volkswagen EUROPA keep this in your favorites/bookmarks for reference. It shows the same picture layout as ETKA. As it will save me checking ETKA, which isn't working with the new 8.1 version

·
Registered
2013 VW Golf TDI
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Keith! I went and posted in the intros.

Having run and been part of other forums, I know what you mean. My bad on missing the intro.

·
Registered
2013 VW Golf TDI
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not having much luck with that side. It doesn't recognize my VIN and then not sure how to filter down to a 2013 Golf TDI appropriately...

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
My suggestion would be to ditch the belly pan and put a skid plate on. This is the one I run and it's saved my oil pan any number of times

Is this your chin spoiler?

·
Registered
2013 VW Golf TDI
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's nice Dave! I'll have to check that out. I have my existing Belly Pan and just ordered the right screws/bolts to get it attached properly - but I see an upgrade in my near future.

Not 100% on the Front Spoiler, when I get my car back Tuesday I'll try to take a picture of what's missing. It's the part between the belly pan and the front bumper, I see where it attaches - just haven't been successful in looking up parts yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts