VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 jetta tdi, i was wondering if i can get constant power through there.I want to charge my phone when the car is off.When the car is off there is no power.
If this can be done , maybe with vag-com or a was to do this let me know thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is that located in the arm rest in the rear..dont have on..but i got one in the trunk..any ideas..would this be difficult to do that for the front light plug.thanks

·
Premium Member
9,720 Posts
VW cigarette lighters are poor in that they are only powered with the ignition on even the one in the boot. You could give it a direct fused feed from another power source.

I have trouble when I use my laptop with VCDS in the car as the laptop battery is shot and I can't find another one at a reasonable price (I've bought another battery today lets see if its right). You can do tests stationary but if you startup to do a running test it cuts out the cigarette lighter so I have to restart the laptop again. I did make an extension lead with the cigarette socket on it but I haven't used it yet.

The same goes when I topup one of the tyres that looses a bit of pressure. I have one of those compressors that uses the cigarette lighter so the ignition is on again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts