VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered '12 Passat TDI SEL Premium yesterday. Seems to be good dealer, no pressure and $500 off MSRP. Awaiting connfirmation and does anyone know how long that takes?

Seems silly that no backup camera when Nav unit can take one, but perhaps a retrofit at some point? Thoughts?

Did a Hyundai supply truck get lost with a truckload of Hankook Tires and went to Chattanooga instead of Montgomery? Both 18" demos I've seen have them and could they be the source of the tire noise I heard during my test drive? Other than that, no wind noise, no nothing! Really tight build.

Thanks for your input.:dunno

·
Registered
167 Posts
Just ordered '12 Passat TDI SEL Premium yesterday. Seems to be good dealer, no pressure and $500 off MSRP. Awaiting connfirmation and does anyone know how long that takes?

Seems silly that no backup camera when Nav unit can take one, but perhaps a retrofit at some point? Thoughts?

Did a Hyundai supply truck get lost with a truckload of Hankook Tires and went to Chattanooga instead of Montgomery? Both 18" demos I've seen have them and could they be the source of the tire noise I heard during my test drive? Other than that, no wind noise, no nothing! Really tight build.

I noticed the tire noise on my test drive, surely they won't ship customer cars with these tires. Had a set on my 2010 Jetta and got rid of them within a month. Stopping distance was too long under emergency braking.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I believe that the VW backup camera supplier had their manufacturing process severly disrupted by the recent Tsunami in Japan (askavwsalesguy.com).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Show me a signed and countersigned contract at that price and I'll start complaining. Numerous other sources and those of us with signed contracts have gotten between zip and $595 off. I hope the site is right, but the pricing makes sense. New model, lot of buzz and news reports state that Chattanooga is increasing production even before the first sold car hits the streets.

Heard the backup camera disruption scenario from three other sources, so I do believe it's true. Sonata's hemming and hawing on availability as well and it's start of their Navigation Package.

·
Registered
104 Posts
If you go to zag.com and click on the Amex link you'll find a dealership selling it for the price shown. They have an agreement with the company to sell at that price. Any added extras are discounted too. I've used it twice now to buy VW's. The local dealership told me I was crazy when I said I wanted a JSW TDI w/ sunroof, DSG, and the mat kit for $2800 off msrp. I used the website and called the dealership listed. They said they had it on the lot and to come get it. When I bought my GTI on there they drove from Ohio to NY to pick it up, then drove it to my house and drove my trade-in back to Ohio.

·
Registered
137 Posts

Don't forget this...

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/forum/f19/2012-vw-passat-tdi-official-prices-paid-buying-experience-thread-8800/

·
Registered
3 Posts
Back seat heat in new Passat

Test drove Passat in Texas and sat in the back seat to test comfort. With no rear seat ac vents it was very hot and did not cool off in the back during the 20 minute test drive. Does anyone know if VW plans to add rear ac vents?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts