VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm debating between these three cars and I'm trying to figure out which car offers me the best bang for buck. Looking at Canadian Models.

The Altima comes with a 4.3" colour screen and a rear view camera, and a much better keyless entry/start system, leather seating areas, power seats, auto on/off headlight and a CVT transmission, auto dimming rear view mirror.

The Golf is real leather, and has a turbo diesel engine....

Jetta... basically just turbo diesel engine...

Pricewise they are all pretty much the same.

Can anyone point out any other advantages the VWs have over the Altima ??

Thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Farfegnugen.

Seriously though, from what I've seen, TDI (not VW) have much better resale. Does the Altima leather seating areas not qualify as real leather? If not, where are you sitting on the seat:D

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Audi A4 and I think the Prius use CVT. Most CVT aren't programmed to work optimally because they give the sensation of a slipping clutch. The engine revs straight to peak efficiency or power without a linear acceleration of the car. Therefore, most manufacturers have programmed a more linear acceleration and less "motor boating" by giving them artificial shift points.

·
Registered
39 Posts
TDI vs. Altima

I consider the CVT to be a liability, not an asset, but to each his (or her) own. The Altima looks basically like the Accord, which looks basically like all the other cars of Japanese or Korean discent. The Golf, is unique. The Golf handles better, more feel in the steering, great seats, and is fun. I had an Accord with leather interior and it was not as durable as the new cloth. The latter Accord with cloth interior still looked new at 100k, the leather one looked ragged at 42k.

Really, pick the one that suits you best. That is why they make a lot of different types, shapes and sizes. I am developing a serious relationship with my new Golf TDI.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just put a deposit down on a 2011 VW Jetta TDI Highline Automatic!!

I'll hopefully be able to go collect it tomorrow or the following Saturday :)

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
I just put a deposit down on a 2011 VW Jetta TDI Highline Automatic!!

I'll hopefully be able to go collect it tomorrow or the following Saturday :)
:thumbsup can't wait to see it! Please post some pics when you get it. I just saw a 2011 Jetta in the US in passing and it looks wider in person.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a tdi jetta, and I had my wallet out for a altima before the Nissan dealer pissed me off and I went with my gut feeling. So I got a toffee brown high line and I love it. The fuel gauge hardly moves!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just bought a tdi jetta, and I had my wallet out for a altima before the Nissan dealer pissed me off and I went with my gut feeling. So I got a toffee brown high line and I love it. The fuel gauge hardly moves!
I averaged 7 L/100 on my first tank. Not really stellar considering the first 620 kms was all highway. But from what I've read it should improve!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I averaged 7 L/100 on my first tank. Not really stellar considering the first 620 kms was all highway. But from what I've read it should improve!
I'm getting right about the same consumption as well on my Golf, but it is steadily getting better.

You never posted any pics of your new ride! And I forgot that Canada offered leather in the Golf TDi up there (cloth only here in the US).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts