VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1.9t ahu new headgasket and resurface questions

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  spideypop 
#1 ·
Good afternoon, I recently purchased a 1.9 AHU diesel with a blown head gasket. The shop I took the head to, to be resurfaced, has asked me a bunch of questions that i cannot answer. When resurfacing the head, what are the limits, do they make thicker head gaskets for resurfaced heads or do You use a oem head gasket. New to diesel. Any info would be great. Thank you for your time.

#3 ·
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

This is a new forum layout which is owned by a company last year that doesn't give a dam with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes which they refuse to install. It doesn't show the car spec/location.

Add your car specs to your signature that will show on every post you make.

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a poll which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

#5 ·
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

This is a new forum layout which is owned by a company last year that doesn't give a dam with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes which they refuse to install. It doesn't show the car spec/location.

Add your car specs to your signature that will show on every post you make.

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a poll which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.
Hey Keith, I am a firefighter from California, i purchased this vehicle for $200 because I wanted to learn about diesel and try to build a hyper miler in the end.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.