VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I am having an issue where the car wont start when the crank shaft sensor is connected, when i crank the car i get a fault code pointing at the camshaft sensor, i replaced the camshaft sensor but does the same, but if i disconnect the crank shaft sensor it starts!, i dont get the cam shaft sensor code when the crank sensor is removed, i though this could be the timing but i have bought the proper tools and the timing is spot on.

When i put the scope onto the crank sensor i am getting a signal so the sensor looks good, has anyone seen this before? strange one

Cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi Guys,

I am having an issue where the car wont start when the crank shaft sensor is connected, when i crank the car i get a fault code pointing at the camshaft sensor, i replaced the camshaft sensor but does the same, but if i disconnect the crank shaft sensor it starts!, i dont get the cam shaft sensor code when the crank sensor is removed, i though this could be the timing but i have bought the proper tools and the timing is spot on.

When i put the scope onto the crank sensor i am getting a signal so the sensor looks good, has anyone seen this before? strange one

Here is a cam crank wave form, does this look right?
Cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found the issue in case anyone see this, the sender ring on the crank that the crankshaft sensor reads had moved about 25deg, i had to remove the gear box and chap it round and it stated up straight away !!

·
Super Moderator
9,468 Posts
You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 02/2006-08/2007, Model: Passat/Variant/4Motion, Engine Code: BMR, 125Kw, 170PS, 2.0 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Pumpe Düse (TDI-PD) Timing belt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts