VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 vw jetta tdi that is going into limp mode. I never have a problem with it while driving it in town but its nearly impossible to drive on the highway. As soon as I hit 75 mph or really give it gas on a hill all power is lost. Turning the car on and then off fixes the problem. The check engine light does come on but goes off after a few days. The car seems to be running fine other than this. Not really sure what is wrong maybe n75? Trying to avoid the dealer at all costs.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Error codes? Without more clues it's probably the usual suspects: vacuum line, sticky turbo or actuator, or wiring.

The reason the check engine light is going off is because there are a number of codes which will set the CEL but not keep it on after a certain number of starts. The codes will still be stored in the memory. Before throwing any more money or time I would get the error codes, autozone or the like do free scans. The light is trying to tell you something!

Also check out the limp mode troubleshooting article:http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/multi/limp-mode-TDI-fix.htm

1 - 2 of 2 Posts