VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starts and runs great goes into gear and shifts 1 st...2 nd....3 rd goes to nothing (Like neutral). The shift indicator - PDNR - flashes. I can turn the car off and restart and it shifts fine 1st and 2nd then to nothing in 3rd gear. It did work fine again a couple of times then started this again. Trans is a 'DSG' type.??? any help apreciatef.

·
Registered
48 Posts
DSG slipping into nuetral

I hate to tell you but you probably have a faulty Mechatronics assy in the transmission. These symptoms are indicative and VW will charge between 1-2 thousand. Please read other posts on DSG and Mechatronics assemblies. I had the same problem a couple of months ago. Due to buying three cars from the same dealer, I had a little leverage and VW cut me a deal at half price 1,000 bucks. There's a world wide problem with DSG/Mechatronics assy but VW only recalled/extended warranty on certain models. VW refused to cover all models. So many people are getting screwed. VW only provides a basic 12,000 mile/one year warranty on replacement Mechatronic assy. Not a good deal. I suggest using a VW scan tool and give the VW service dept the fault code as they will give you the run around cause they hate dealing with this issue. Read and be informed. Be aware that there has been shortages and this may delay repair. The Mechatronics assy must be matched to your VIN and it appears only one factory in Germany makes them. I did find a company in England that repairs them but what about the warranty and dealing with a company in a foreign country?

Good Luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts