VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, My name is Eric. I have just purchased a 2006 Jetta TDI with 60000 miles on it. I have done cam inspection and have found the dreaded cam wear on opposite ends of the cam. I am calling dealer to see if the problem is covered. It was sold as a certified VW so we will see how it goes, will keep u informed on progress. May need help on ideas to combat this problem going down the road. Any ideas feel free to send me a message. Thanks Eric.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am a diy guy i own a 89 jetta diesel with 502,000 and a 02 tdi jetta with 171,000. The wear on cam for the 06 is on the very end lobes on either end and very small amount , but u can feel it with your finger so while under warrenty have them do it. So far appoitment is this thur 2/14/11, will let u know. Oh I will probably buy the special tools or make them but thanks for the offer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update 2/20/11 . Ok took it to the dealer told them there was wear on end cam lobes. After a day of waiting service called and said I was all set there was nothing wrong. He said the cam comes like that new. I disagreed with him and he said engine runs smooth and no engine codes so there was nothing he could do. I dont think there is a code for worn cam lobes. Well off to another dealer with pics and I will show them what I mean. Internally lubricated engine parts are covered under my warrenty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts