VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Recently my '06 Jetta TDI DSG started to make that rattleing noise, which from what I've read in many forums is a sign of a failing DMF (dual mass flywheel). I don't want to wait much longer to get this fixed and I'd like to do it myself but I don't have the right tools for the job so I've been calling some VW experts here in Vancouver, BC and when I ask them for the labor charge to put my new flywheel (LUK W0133-1854049) they ask if the car is automatic - correct me if I'm wrong but the DSG implies there is an automatic transmision in this car right? - so when I tell them that it is has automatic transmision they all tell me the DSG does not have a flywheel in it!!! Even the stealership has told me the same. So, am I missing something here???

From all the research I've done in many TDI forums I'm 99% certain my car does have a DMF in it and it needs to be replaced, please correct me if I'm wrong.

If anyone knows a good vw mechanic to do the job of replacing this part here in Vancouver, BC please let me know.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi,

I'm new to the forum. Recently my '06 Jetta TDI DSG started to make that rattleing noise, which from what I've read in many forums is a sign of a failing DMF (dual mass flywheel). I don't want to wait much longer to get this fixed and I'd like to do it myself but I don't have the right tools for the job so I've been calling some VW experts here in Vancouver, BC and when I ask them for the labor charge to put my new flywheel (LUK W0133-1854049) they ask if the car is automatic - correct me if I'm wrong but the DSG implies there is an automatic transmision in this car right? - so when I tell them that it is has automatic transmision they all tell me the DSG does not have a flywheel in it!!! Even the stealership has told me the same. So, am I missing something here???

From all the research I've done in many TDI forums I'm 99% certain my car does have a DMF in it and it needs to be replaced, please correct me if I'm wrong.

If anyone knows a good vw mechanic to do the job of replacing this part here in Vancouver, BC please let me know.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks a lot chittychittybangbang!!! I don't know why they keep saying it doesn't have a flywheel, anyways I will get someone to get the job done... and sorry for the duplicate post...

·
Super Moderator
2,243 Posts
Contact Tony at Andes Auto in Richmond... . (604) 270-1318

He knows these cars...

All the best,

Yuri

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The car has been fixed and runs great now, no more rattleing and feels much better!!! Thank you all for all the help!!! By the way, I took the car to JSPerformance out in Abbotsford and they fixed this issue in no time, the trip is really worthwhile.

And yes... the car does have a DMF (dual mass flywheel) aka suppression disc/plate.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts