VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

06 jetta 1.9 tdi no ignition response

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  farmerdave44 
#1 ·
06 jetta turbo diesel tdi no response when key turned to try to start

#3 · (Edited)
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

This is a new forum layout with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location or signature properly either

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a pole which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th Decemeber, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

A good cranking speed is important.

You have posted in the wrong section, this new forum doesn't allow me to moved this thread.

#4 ·
I just had the same problem on my 2010 Jetta TDI. Only it was "my bad" as I forgot to hook up the ground strap from the DSG to the body after putting a new starter in. Very important to have a good ground or the starter will not work. Another indication of a bad or missing ground is the battery symbol on the instrument panel will first flicker and then go solid, but when you turn the key nothing happens. Hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.