VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I was wondering if I could get some help with this.
My brother has a 2005 mk2 skoda Octavia 1.9tdi 105bhp
He was looking for head light fuse but removed the immobiler fuse while car was started now when we try start the car it cuts out after 2 seconds and key light flashes for immobiler. I thought if I reprogrammed the key with vcds this might fix things but didn't. Now I'm thinking he nite have wiped the memory from the dash clocks would this be right. Were can I go from here could I just reprogram the clocks or is there something else Ill have to look at...
Thanks for taking the time to read this

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi yes it's ok that was the first thing I checked but I'll check again to make sure.. I had a locksmith out to check and he said the key is fine so I'm thinking it has to b immobiler in the clocks. Would this be dealer job?
Thanks for reply

·
Premium Member
9,741 Posts
welcometomyturbodies

Its nice to see you made an intro on your own. ;)

Any problems search TDI Wiki as that covers write ups and forum posts.

I'm not a where there is a fuse for immobilizer. Which fuse are you talking about, can you post a picture?

The immobilizer will start the engine for a couple of seconds then stop. This will put the immobilizer light on in the dash.

Do you have VAG-COM\VCDS? Do a full AutoScan and post the error codes.

Reactions: Chris mcgrath

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry all had proper look it was the fuse for clocks. But I didn't think if you pulled that fuse it would wipe the memory clean has anyone had this happen to them? Sure there recoded now using full vcds very straight forward thanks again

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Sorry all had proper look it was the fuse for clocks. But I didn't think if you pulled that fuse it would wipe the memory clean has anyone had this happen to them? Sure there recoded now using full vcds very straight forward thanks again

My suspicion is it's because the car was running, if the car is off you can usually pull the clocks and refit them without causing a problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts