VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

05 Passat under boost then over boost.

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Moonshot Rattle Bucket 
#1 ·
Still fighting the issue of little to no power down low in the RPM range. Once RPM are higher seems to come alive. I attached a log of group 11 hopefully someone can take a look at this and help explain why this is happening. The only code I'm showing is a faulty glow plug in cylinder 4. I have ran the N75 duty cycle test in VCDS and it seems to be working correctly. Pressure tested all hoses from turbo to intake and there are no leaks. Adjusted VNT actuator so that it touches stop at 18 inHG. Any suggestions what to try?

Attachments

#2 ·
The turbo is playing some catch up with requested which might be fixed with some actuator rod adjustment. I would try inching it a little bit at a time doing 3rd and 4th pulls after each adjustment, and comparing the graphs. Try to keep your foot pedal and the pulls even as possible, wide open, and not off ANY except to shift. The changes will be easier to see. And try to use the same flat stretch of roadway each time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.