VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks back the wife put the jetta in the ditch. ($6,000 in front end work, impact on passenger side front end) Just picked it up from the body shop, and while it starts, it takes a minute at idle, slowing building the revs before I can get enough power to get her moving. Any harder throttle during the first couple minutes and she dies. Ones she's warm & rolling, seems ok, perhaps a bit low on power.

Car was very low on fuel when it went in.

Thoughts:
- junk in the fuel system (filter) because it was low fuel and took a hit that might have sislodged something. New filter needed?
- Hit on the turbo corner, messed something up down there. (or body-mechanic didn't reconnect air plumbing /vac lines right.)
- EGR

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Slow on starting

04 TDI Jetta - low power when starting

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few weeks back the wife put our 04 TDI Jetta in the ditch. ($6,000 in front end work, impact on passenger side front end) Just picked it up from the body shop, and while it starts, it takes a minute at idle, slowing building the revs before I can get enough power to get her moving. Any harder throttle during the first couple minutes and she dies. Ones she's warm & rolling, seems ok, perhaps a bit low on power.

Car was very low on fuel when it went in.
No engine lights

Thoughts:
- junk in the fuel system (filter) because it was low fuel and took a hit that might have sislodged something. New filter needed?
- Hit on the turbo corner, messed something up down there. (or body-mechanic didn't reconnect air plumbing /vac lines right.)
- EGR

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
I wonder about the intercooler. Maybe it got banged up enough to restrict the air flow. Any CELs or fault codes stored? The changing of the fuel filter can't hurt either. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
It's possible the fuel lines got pinched. They run under the car. I don't think a new filter will help. Check all the intake piping, try a boost leak test (see the FAQ), because it is possible the intercooler is also cracked and leaking.

Also, no need for a separate intro so I have merged your posts.

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
Was the bottom of the car damaged also? If yes, then check for pinched/bent exhaust pipe. Also if this is automatic trans then check for correct transmission oil level and make sure transmission lines are not damaged.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts