VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some help. I have a 04 Passat tdi that has run great after I changed the cam and the oil pump about 30k ago. Now it has developed a problem with shutting off randomly. It will be running fine then just shuts down and doesn’t want to restart. Planning to start with the fuel pickup and check for a stoppage anybody have any ideas? Thanks for replies

·
Registered
22 Posts
For sure check for fuel getting to the filter. Then make sure it’s getting into the engine. Sounds like to me could be a failing tank pump or tandem pump.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I propose you to scan vehicle for trouble codes first. If there is no DTC then you can troubleshot further.

·
Super Moderator
9,227 Posts
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

As suggested. You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

Any problems search TDI Wiki as that covers write ups and forum posts.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry I didn’t post in intro. Honestly I browse several forums and wasn’t sure if I had posted here or not.

The problem seems to be with the fuel pump. I have pulled it out and started to trouble shoot it. I verified the fuel pump relay is working. I don’t have a CEL on but I will check for any codes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts