VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im locked out from starting the vehicle. I was cleaning out the car listening to the radio. I pulled the key out when done, usally turns off all, not today radio still on and digital odometer and clock in russian. Digital readout back to english but odometer wrong.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
This is not the immobilizer. The immobilizer still lets you start the car, it just shuts it off after a second if activated and you will see the yellow car-key symbol.

The problem is either bad battery, bad ignition switch. Since you said the radio was still on, perhaps the car's ignition switch is bad? There's a writeup in the FAQ on how to replace.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is not the immobilizer. The immobilizer still lets you start the car, it just shuts it off after a second if activated and you will see the yellow car-key symbol.

The problem is either bad battery, bad ignition switch. Since you said the radio was still on, perhaps the car's ignition switch is bad? There's a writeup in the FAQ on how to replace.
The car runs for a second and stuts down. The yellow car with the key under it is lite aswell. 2003 tdi 1.9 I did have that russian lettering on the clock and odometer once before but only lasted a few min.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, that is the immobilizer than. Check for coolant migration (see the FAQ) and the battery.
No coolant migration that I can find and the battery is hot and clean. I got a tip from the forum that said to leave the key in the ignition in the on position for 30 min. I think it was your post. It worked. The car starts. The odometer still reads 651000 miles and a small "service" flashes there for a few seconds untill the odometer clicks in at 651000. I hope it gets that many miles. Thank you! :bowdown

1 - 5 of 5 Posts