VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hy theare.i got a 2002 new passat wich was involved in a small front accident. pessenger front (dash) airbag deployed. i replacet the airbag with a similar one from a 99 passat with the same airbag code. now im not able to clear the the code cuz it comes back aas soon i crear it
airbag igniter1 passenger side n131
33-10 resistance to low- intermitent
could this mean that the new replacement is not good not having enough resistance or the airbag controle module is shut becouse allready deployed that airbag once.
did anybody hear ever replacet an airbag after accident? whats the procedure? thanks gerald

·
Registered
67 Posts
This is just based off what I've heard but the airbag control module has to be reset after the airbags go off.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
According to the manual you have to replace the control module. It's underneath the center console ash tray area.

You also have to replace any seatbelts that have triggered their tensioners and the side supports for the front passenger airbag.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Air bag control module must be replaced and new one coded for vehicle equipment. One from a junkyard could be used providing the cars air bags were not deployed and the coding is checked to make sure it is the same. Coding is checked via scan tool 1552 /5051/ or VAG com . write the coding # down from the old unit and recode replacement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts