VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
hy theare. i got to scann a 2002 jetta tdi. i cant link my vcds to the car.i tryed like 20 times. ones in a while i got same connection but after that the message " to many errors" shows up and is done. car has a can-bus diag system.at the obd connector i have two wires one is orange/black the other one is orange/brown.samebody allready did same nice work under the dash. looks this was an old problem. i found under dash 3 pairs of this wires orange/brown and orange/black comming from different locations ( i think modules) at that point all the orange/brown are connected to a white wire (?) and all the orange/black are connected to a black wire (?). if im right those two wires black and white are going to the ECU. (im not possitiv). at the radio this two can wires are different.one is orange/green and the other one is orange/black. no connection between the ones from the radio to the ones found under the dash. at the obd connector i have all the powers showed in the repair manual wire diagram.
after getting those conection errors i removed the battery for couple of min to try to reset the ecu. gues what.lost the immo. car wont start just for 1 sec and bum stops.
has anybody any ideea how those can wires run and how they are connected and ect. where are the black and white wire comming or going? what should i start to check? i cant connect/test none of the modules at this time.any help would be apreciated.thanks gerald

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
one more think to mention. when i did the vcds port test i got the K1:eek:k K2:eek:k and the CAN: not ready..whats that mean? not ready?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awsome. baset on the aftermarket radio problem "Some 2002 and newer VW's come with the double-DIN "Premium VI" radio. This radio does not have a k-line connection, but rather has a CAN-high and CAN-low. Although the connector is completely different and it shouldn't be possible to have the "Aftermarket Radio Problem" with these newer cars, it would probably be in your best interest to make sure that NOTHING is connected to these pins in the radio harness, if you use an aftermarket radio. The back of the Premium VI radio is shown in the below diagram."

this mean if i have this radio i have can-bus.. above i was mentioning that at the port test i got CAN: not ready wich after rosstech meens : HEX-COM+CAN and HEX-USB+CAN Interfaces:
K1, K2 should say "OK" as shown above. CAN should also say "OK on cars that support diagnostics via CAN, but on older cars which do not support diagnostics via CAN, it will say "Not Ready". This normal and expected if the car in question does not support diagnostics via CAN

how can be can-bus radio and and all the can twisted wires under dash and get the "not ready " for can diagnostic?

would be possible to have missing samething like a can-bus collector right theare under the dash where i have those wires hanging? in my opinion is no reasone for them to be theare like that. 3 x orange/brown + white solderd toghether (profi no backyard garage work) and 3 x orange + black solderd toghether same way. just ready to be hooket up samewhere.
if any pics available id like to take a look to see whats realy missing theare.i dont have a can-bus tdi around. all mines are k-line

·
Registered
4 Posts
The "CAN NOT READY" message under options/test only shows the status of the CANBUS used for diagnostics. A 2002 jetta does not use can for diagnostics but may use it for internal communications between modules.

Are you able to scan any module in the car?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't think any auto producers used the CAN system until maybe 2004 or 05
that being the case you would get a no response message

·
Registered
20 Posts
Actually, Audi used it as early as model year 2003 in some of their cars, specifically the 8P-chassis A3, and the 4E-chassis A8.

You'll find a comprehensive list of when various VAG models started using CAN here.

-Uwe-

1 - 10 of 10 Posts