VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all and thanks for all the info on the TDI. I just replaced cylinder head and all related parts on an 02 Jetta TDI cuz the timing belt broke . This was my first diesel repair as I am an Acura/Honda tech. I got the thing running now but MIL is on with p0107 and p0722. I found the list of codes online but I dont have any diag info on these codes. Any help is much appreciated!! As I stated before the how to section walked me through head and timing belt replacement and I want to say the articles are very well done!!! BTW it is an auto trans TDI. Will the MIL cause no turbo boost? I assume that would be the case. The car belongs to my sister in law but I am thinking of getting one now that I have driven one!
Thanks! David:confused:

·
Registered
482 Posts
p0107 is Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit input low

po722 is output speed sensor circuit; no signal.

The first code is probably a bad MAF. Does the car have no power? Log the MAF signal and that will probably show a bad MAF.

The second code is probably a bad speedo wire, sensor, plug, etc. If the speedometer doesn't work or odometer doesn't work then this will confirm it. If they do work the car still logged the error, try clearing it and then seeing if it comes back. Probably forgot to plug something back in, lol.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
If it really is a bad speed sensor, it's inside the transmission. Check the wiring first and go from there.

The P0107, map sensor could be MAF (If so, look through the FAQ for the Maf troubleshooting article) but it could also be a bad boost sensor. It's either on the intercooler or on the boost hose between the intercooler and intake. You could try removing it and cleaning it off. Check the wiring too.

·
Registered
137 Posts
When the timing belt broke did the engine stop? Sometimes the valves get bent and then bend back. A few months later they snap off and trash the engine jaw drops

Any marks on the lifters would show that there was piston valve contact

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies!! I found the problem with the map sensor code! I bent one of the pins on the boost pressure sensor on the intercooler!! DOH!! I cleared both codes and now everything is great!!! Boost is back and engine runs perfect. Also in reply to blackcat yes there was piston valve contact. I replaced head, valves, lifters, cam, and all timing components. The belt broke at 70mph and did some pretty serious damage to the upper engine. Pistons looked good so I just replaced upper end. I think the car has had the p0722 code before and I just cleared it and it never reset until now but hasn't reset since I cleared it again. Once again thanks for the help. Any Acura help needed ask away!!LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts