VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So two days ago I was on a small trip about an hour from my house and half way there I felt significant power loss and had a flashing glow plug light. Soon after the check engine light came on and I heard a whistling/whining noise come from the general area of the turbo. The car barely accelerates and feels as if no boost and I cannot hear the turbo spoiling anymore. I have got the car in the air now and took some pictures, it seems there is oil coming from somewhere which I assume is the turbo but it is now all over the oil pan. I removed the hose connected to the inter cooler after the turbo and found a decent amount of oil inside this hose. I’m not sure where to go from here as I’m pretty new with working on cars. My guess is a boost leak somewhere and the car is throwing itself into limp mode and preventing the turbo from spooling. Any ideas on how to find this leak or other problems would be very helpful!

·
Super Moderator
9,072 Posts
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

This is a new forum layout with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location or signature properly either

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a pole which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

Your picture shows nothing, show the pictures your talking about not all of them?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

This is a new forum layout with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location or signature properly either

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a pole which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

Your picture shows nothing, show the pictures your talking about not all of them?
One of my images is the engine error codes from a BlueDriver OBD2 device and shows all current engine codes. The other images are the oil pan covered in oil, which I’m not assuming is coming from a boost leak near the turbo, and the other picture is of the intercooler with the bottom hose off showing it covered in oil. I will happily post in introductions when I have the time however this car is my daily and I need it fixed as soon as possible. I’m a novice when it comes on working on my car but I trust this forum and the fantastic people here

1 - 3 of 3 Posts