VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone,

Thanks for the great forum, tons of info!
I’m in Oslo, Norway with an ‘08 Polo 1.4 tdi bluemotion. I’m at 151,000km now and have 2 concerns.

1- There is some squeal when letting the clutch out. Will stop if I let it out slow or have lots of rev. I think it’s a bearing on the clutch and have read I can get away without changing it for a while. Would this be a massive job, having to drop out the transmission to change?

2- it’s due to change the timing belt. I’d like to do it myself as this country is insanely expensive for garage work. Watched some YouTube videos but am skeptical because they make it look too easy. Does anyone know of any step-by-step guides for this particular engine?

Thanks for the help!

·
Super Moderator
9,149 Posts
welcometomyturbodies

After being prompted in your PM.

As I said in your PM my app TDI Timing Belts App covers:

Polo 1.4D TDI PD BlueMotion 2007-09
Engine code: BMS

You can search TDI Wiki for your clutch change.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Keith,

Can you tell me how to download the app? I see the link on the page, but it is a .txt file. When I click it gives me a Forbidden: No Access on this Server...

·
Super Moderator
9,149 Posts
Its in the Members only content and resources, maybe there is a minimum post count to access that section. Users with 5 posts have made comments about my app.

Make a few more posts and try it again.

Its also posted on 2 other forums one you won't have access to because they aren't taking new members but the other VW forum you can.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts