worn cam, what is the difference between stage 1 and 2 colt cam?

Discussion in 'Mk5 VW Jetta, Sportwagen, and Audi A3 TDI forum' started by kevhill47, Aug 4, 2012.

1. kevhill47

kevhill47 New Member

Car:
    jetta/2006
    hello, i am a new user after discovering my cam is worn to the point where exhaust is traveling back through the intake making a noise similar to a header leak. (2006 Jetta TDI)

This forum has been a great help. One question; the colt cam seems like a no brainer based on prices of the OEM?? what is the difference between stage 1 and 2? I am most concerned about economy not power. I am assuming a different profile but can't seem to find any info.. Has anyone had experience with the colt cam?

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated for a newbie.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2012
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Different profiles, you'd have to ask Kerma directly for specs. I have the stage 2 as shown in the video but unfortunately, the Passat is a little different since the cams for PD engines are all a little different but interchangeable. Passat loses a little bit of power since the Colt Passat cam is based off a BEW engine but Colt stage 2 restores it. Not enough demand for Passat specific cam. I will say the product is well made and it arrived well packed.